- Number individualizing the part of a whole, which is itself only the part of a greater totality.
- Symbolism of the martyrdom, according to saint Augustin.
- It is the part of the part, the microcosm of the macrocosm, according to R. Allendy. It is also the individuality of the microcosm.
- This number corresponds to the Hebraic letter “qoph”, and to the nineteenth mystery of the Tarot: the Sun, symbol of individuality.
- In the Christian literature, the number 100 appears as symbol of the celestial beatitude.
- The hundredth ewe that was lost in the parable of Jesus. (Mt 18,12)
- Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, weighing about a hundred pounds to embalm Jesus. (Jn 19,39)
- The hundredfold is promised to who has left all for Our Lord. (Mk 10,30)
- The fourteen epistles of Paul have on the whole 100 chapters.
- Obadiah saved 100 prophets. (1 K 18,4)
- Saul promised his daughter Merab in marriage to David if he brought back the foreskins of 100 Philistines. (1 S 18,25)
- If someone accuses wrongly a virgin of Israel pays 100 silver shekels. (Dt 22,19)
- Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born. (Gn 21,5)
- Hundred Roman soldiers escorted Jesus during his condemnation when he crossed the city to go to the yard of Herod to then return to Pilate, according to the visions of Maria Valtorta. These same soldiers again escorted him during the bearing of the his Cross until the Golgotha.
- According to the Gospel of Barnabas, chapter 34, Adam and Eve cried during 100 years their sin after their fall.
- In the Koran, it is mentioned that the man and woman the culprits of adulteries will receive each one 100 blows of whip. (Koran XXIV,2)
- The construction of the Great Pyramid lasted 100 years, according to Edgar Cayce.
- An ancient Indian belief that we find in the Dîghanikâya refers to the progressive decline of the man marked by a continuous reduction in the human
lifespan. At the period of the first Buddha, Vipassi, who made his appearance there are 91 Kalpa (that is to say 91 times 4320000000 of our mortal years), the human lifespan was 80000 years; at the second Buddha, Sikhi (there is 31 Kalpa), 70000 years, and so on. The seventh Buddha, Gautama, makes his appearance when the human life is not more than 100 years, that is to say reduced to its extreme limit.
- At the Peruvians at the time of Inti-Kapak (between 32th and 15th century before J.-C.) each groups of 100 persons was commanded by a centurion or
Pachaka, 100 Pachakas by an Hurango and 100 Hurangos by a Hunno.
- There had 100 gates to Thebes, in Egypt, the third of 300 days of the oldest year.
- It is told that one day a Franciscan, who was dead a few days earlier, appeared surrounded by burning flames to the brother Conrad of Offida who was in prayer. He implored him to relieve, by his prayers, the sufferings that he endured because, for some sins which he had committed, he had not had the time to expiate sufficiently and that he suffered very great sorrows in the purgatory. The brother Conrad recited immediately for him, a Pater with the Requiem, and the defunct, by feeling a great relief, prayed him to continue, which this one hurried to do. This soul, feeling his sufferings decreased, prayed him again to continue since he told: “your prayer is very powerful for GOD”. Then the brother Conrad repeated until 100 times the Pater, and at the hundredth time, the defunct was delivered all his sorrows and entered in the glory of the Sky.
- In some occult sects, the numbers 1, 10 and 100 represent “the unit”, or the “ordinal perfection”. Thus the members of these communities would be divided by group of 100, each groups being supervised by a committee of 10 persons, these last one being also submitted to a chief. This hierarchical structure of direction is repeated as many time than necessary according to the total number of members of the community.
- The Divine Comedy of Dante, this one considered as being a great initiate, includes on the whole 100 songs of which 33 are devoted to the Purgatory, 33 to the Sky and 34 to the Hell.
- The hundred eyes of Argus in the Greek mythology. This giant could sleep by keeping fifty eyes open. Hera had appointed him to the guards of the heifer Io. He remains synonymous of a vigilant supervisor.
- The second reigns of Napoleon lasted 100 days, from March 20 to June 22, 1815. It ended by the defeat of Waterloo.
- By using as correspondence table A=1, B=2, …, Z=26, we find that, in French, “Verbe de Dieu” (Word of GOD) gives 100.
- The numerical value of Hebrew word EMLKE meaning coronation, and MNI meaning GOD or divinity of the destiny, gives each one 100.
- The number 100 is used 95 times in the Bible.
- The number 100 is used 5 times in the Koran. (Koran II,261, II,263, VIII,66, VIII,67 and XXIV, 2)
- The sum of the occurrences of all numbers of the Bible multiples of 6 gives 100 and the sum of the occurrences of all numbers of the New Testament multiple of 20 gives also 100. We obtain again this same result by the addition of the occurrences of numbers of the New Testament equal or higher than 53.
- GOD is designated as the Most High 100 times in the OT.